Hello my amazing peeps! Here is what I’ve been listening to this April:
1. Doin It by LL Cool J – This song is…dirty…but good. And damn does it bring back some…dirty memories. And if you’re gonna use this song to inspire some…dirty stuff, just remember: SAFE SEX.
2. Slooow by J*Davey – Recently got turned on to this lady by some ladies. Turn the lights down, come take it slooow. Yeah…it’s dirty too:)
3. L.A. Woman by The Doors – Seeing Dennis Quaid, 50-somethin’, with a six-pack, belt out this song on stage, just kinda inspired me. What can say, I love me a fine lookin’ man. That knows how to have fun.
4. Pancho Villa (Version Internationale) by Magazine 60 – Magazine 60? What? Never heard of them until I stumbled upon this guy Sean Yashar’s design blog. Holy Euro Disco fun! There’s that word again: Fun. Love havin’ me some fun:)
5. Journey in Satchidananda by Alice Coltrane – Seriously, this song is so hypnotic. I heard it a couple weeks back, stuck on the 405 North, heading home. Immediately bought it on iTunes. It was on repeat the entire next day.
6. Creep by Radiohead – Because I was thinking about falling in love, I couldn’t help but reminisce about my first love, and how he’d belt out this song at the top of his lungs: “I want you to notice when I’m not around. You’re so fuckin’ special, I wish I was special”, even though he was a perfect specimen of a man–in my mind anyway. And that’s all that really matters.
7. Money by The Flying Lizards – I love this song! It says so much about how so many of us think deep down inside. Until we realize, it really has nothing to do with money.
8. Odessa by Caribou – At first I fell in love with the beat, but then I checked out the lyrics: She’s tired of crying, and sick of his lies. She’s suffered him for far too many years of her life. She can say, she can say, she can say. Who knows what she’s gonna say. I LOVE THAT! Say what you want to say people!