May is International Chick Lit Month and to celebrate this genre that’s near and dear to my heart I decided to give all those that aren’t yet, an opportunity to get hooked on my chick lit series: Sex, Life, & Hannah.
Starting Sunday (May 31st) through June 4 you can get the first book in my chick lit series for FREE on Amazon Kindle. Sex, Life, & Hannah is a humorous tale about one woman’s insistent quest to find The One after her boyfriend of 5 and 1/2 years dumps her on New Year’s Eve. Surrounded by a cast of crazy friends, Hannah treads the infamous waters of heartbreak. If you’ve been through, or are going through, that late-twenty-something conundrum of trying to figure out whether the fairytale life really exists then this book series will definitely crack you up…or crack you in some godforsaken way. If not, then please write to me on how you avoided it.
p.s. the last book in the Sex, Life, & Hannah series is coming your way sometime towards the end of 2015 so this is the perfect time to get into the series and then find out how the saga ends.
While I wait for a few things to shake out with The Need, I am moving forward with bringing you the last book in my chick lit series. Yup, I said it: LAST BOOK.
Aren’t you dying to know how it’s going to end?!
Stay tuned, lovers.
One of the most interesting parts of writing the Sex, Life, & Hannah series is doing the research behind the storylines and characters. Even though the first book in the series was mostly inspired from my personal journals, I have strived to push the limits of the follow-up books; give the characters some real off the wall ground to cover. I have always been fascinated by the normal stemming from the abnormal, the romantic being executed unromantically, the light always having a dark side, and things not always working out the way they should. I want my readers to both relate and feel better about themselves. Maybe this is a direct reflection of my own inner bewilderments (especially when it comes to love and sex), but I know I’m not the only one. Behind every rosy picture is a complicated story and that’s what Sex, Life, & Hannah is about.
This summer I finished the third book in the Sex, Life, & Hannah series. Each book has nine chapters, so at a minimum I learn nine new things every time I write a book. Here’s my latest nine:
- Vasectomy reversals typically have a fifty percent success rate.
- Diane von Fürstenberg is best known for introducing the knitted jersey “wrap dress” in 1974. Due to its influence on women’s fashion, the wrap dress is in the collection of the Costume Institute of the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Transvestism is the practice of cross-dressing, which is wearing clothing traditionally associated with the opposite sex or gender. A hermaphrodite is an individual in which reproductive organs of both sexes are present.
- Hong Kong is the most vertical city in the world, home of Kung Fu Cinema, and Ti Lung–one of its most revered actors.
- Jumbo’s Clown room is an exotic dance bar AND a Hollywood landmark.
- The Bunny Ranch, the most famous brothel in North America, has two locations in Carson City and one in Pahrump.
- Did you know that goat grabbing is the national sport of Afghanistan? It’s like polo but played with headless goat carcasses instead.
- Umeshu is a Japanese liqueur made from steeping ume fruits in alcohol and sugar. Umeshu was brought from China to Japan as a medicinal drink in the eight century.
- Conrad Black is a Canadian-born member of the House of Lords, a historian, a convicted felon, a columnist and publisher, who was for a time the third-largest newspaper magnate in the world.
Check out my Book Research Pinterest board for even more fun stuff!
Hey guys, life has been a little insane lately, hence my lack of posting.
Me and hubbie just moved our existence from Studio City to Silver Lake, and I just found out from Amazon that I have to have all three books ready for print by May 7 at the latest to make my June 1 book release party at Book Soup, and my client needs me next week. I want to scream, but instead I’m trying to use up my yoga classes at Yoga Shelter to keep calm, focused, and believe that I can do this all.
I’ve been reading Book 3 today, the Sex, Life, & Hannah Summer Season; one last read before print. And I just finished my favorite chapter, Chapter 23 – When Destiny Calls. This chapter is so wrenching and makes me want to cry at the end:
I want to believe in destiny; that everything happens for a reason; that there is some predetermined path you’re supposed to tread; that as much choice as you think you have in who you’re with, what job you have, and whether you’re happy or not, there’s really a greater power that controls your fate and you can’t do anything to change it. I want to believe that all the decisions I’ve made with men so far all happened for one reason, all led me to this, and that as rushed and wrong as this feels in some ways, that Christian is The One.
Anyway, really feeling this today. Destiny. Wondering how it will all turn out; with the books, and the move, and hubbie…
p.s. the pic is of the view from our new place…spoiled.