The countdown to the Sex, Life, & Hannah: Summer Season has begun. I am wrapping up the next draft of the book by March 2nd, my editors will then have it for about three weeks, I will have one more stab at it, and by the second week of April a final draft of the book will be finished. This schedule was actually causing me anxiety until I realized we have the whole month of May to finish design, upload to Amazon’s CreateSpace, and print.
Interestingly, I am finding that I don’t want to listen to music during this editing process. It’s like the creativity, for which I relied so heavily on music for, has been puked out, and now the finessing of details requires my undivided concentration.
Anyway, there’s a lot of cool things coming up in the world of Sex, Life, & Hannah. Yes, the book, but also a silhouette contest, a great book release party at Book Soup, and a cyber tour. So stay tuned for info on all that, and I can’t wait to get the next book out to you all, it’s going to be, as the fashionistas say, totes amaze.
Here’s what I’ve been listening to in January and February, when I haven’t been editing:
1. Gymnopedie No.1 by Erik Satie
2. Feeling Good (Troublemaker Remix) by Nina Simone
3. Mess a Good Thing by Gaby Moreno
4. The Last Time by Gnarls Barkley
5. Take Care (featuring Rihanna) by Drake
6. Urban Monk by Dimple Sharma
7. Regiment by Brian Eno & David Byrne
8. Let It Bang (Radio Edit) by PRJCTS