Getting lost in Paris is easy. Hubbie tells me (and I concur) that the city was not built on a grid, so the streets randomly go in all directions. Although I’m sure if we asked the right person there would be a method to the randomness.
I feel like the unwinding is finally beginning. Perhaps because I’m not jet lagged anymore, perhaps because our place in Paris is this perfect little studio in a perfect part of town.
I feel so good; hanging out in the flat that looks upon this church that’s seen hundreds of years of life, listening to a Parisian radio station that is playing the greatest mix of music I wish I could download to my iTunes, practicing the French I haven’t used since junior high school, and discovering all the nooks and crevices that you do when you get lost.
I tell hubbie we need agents, so that they can arrange for us to write our next book, script, masterpiece…right here in this perfect little studio. And take some French lessons.
You know I obsess. I can’t help it. It’s the Libra in me, or the Dragon in me, either way, I have a tendency to do things like spend four hours figuring out how to get my playlist to you. Why? Because music inspires life, and I want you to be inspired. I dare you to tell me listening to the Exogenesis Symphony does not give you a musical orgasm! Be inspired kittens, it’s all we’ve got. Adieu ’til I reach the other side of the pond.
Listen to my playlist here: http://grooveshark.com/playlist/Slh+August+2011+Playlist/59089608
1. Exogenesis: Symphony Part 1 (Overture) by Muse
2. Exogenesis: Symphony Part 2 (Cross-Pollination) by Muse
3. Exogenesis: Symphony Part 3 (Redemption) by Muse
4. Take Over Control (Extended) [feat. Eva Simons] by Afrojack
5. Love In Motion (feat. Mayer Hawthorne) by SebastiAn
6. I Want You to Want Me (Live) by Cheap Trick
7. Holdin On To Black Metal by My Morning Jacket
8. Kinky Reggae by Bob Marley & The Wailers