I woke up at 530AM this morning. Way early for me, especially after going to bed past 11PM last night, but I haven’t been sleeping for hours lately. My head instead buzzing with thoughts; about this crazy project I’m trying to finish for a client, the manuscript that I have to reorganize so that me and my editors can move into a next round of editing Sex, Life, & Hannah, and this house that suddenly popped up, out of the blue, and is seemingly falling into our lap…life is swirling right now, and I can’t help but wonder if it has anything to do with the fortune cookie: Luck will visit you the next full moon.
One more thought, this past Sunday I rode my bike to yoga, without a mat. Hubbie had my car, and therefore my yoga mat that I keep tucked behind the passenger seat. For an instant I thought about renting a mat, maybe even buying one, but then I thought: Why the fuck do I need a mat? Did the yogis of a hundred years ago have a mat? Probably not. They probably stood barefoot in a forest and allowed their bodies to become one with nature. So for the first time in ten years of doing yoga, I went mat-less, and in a room full of people with mats, I felt free.
I could go into a whole rant about what this small, coincidental decision did for my psyche, but instead I’m just going to leave you with this: Do what everybody else isn’t doing.
Here’s what I’ve been listening to in September and October:
1. Mattinata by Luciano Pavarotti
2. Maybe So, Maybe No by Mayer Hawthorne
3. Out of My Head (feat. Trey Songz) by Lupe Fiasco
4. American Boy (feat. Kanye West) by Estelle
5. Padam Padam by Edith Piaf
6. Tan Cani by Alhoeverah
7. Crystalline (Omar Souleyman Version) by Bjork
8. Motivation (feat. Lil Wayne) by Kelly Rowland
9. Under the Milky Way by Kill Hannah
10. Shadows in the Rain by The Police