1. Breakfast in bed. This year Valentine’s Day is on a Sunday, and what better way to spend a Sunday than lounging in bed. Wake up early, make a pot of fresh coffee or tea, or squeeze some fresh OJ. Toast some bagels, lay out some grapes…you get the picture. Get creative and use what you already have in your fridge. The point is to be lounging in bed and enjoying one another, NOT serving up a five-course meal.
2. Foot rub. Oh yes, we who spend hours on our feet love it when someone can give them bountiful attention. There is nothing better than coming home from a long day and having a bowl full of warm water and epsom salts waiting for you. For a play-by-play on how to give the ultimate foot rub, check out this website: http://www.wikihow.com/Give-a-Foot-Massage.
3. Candle-lit bath. I remember once getting picked up from the airport by my man, driven home, and then whisked upstairs where my clothes were taken off, slowly, while the tub filled with water, and the candles were lit. It was hot. And I’m not just talkin’ about the water temperature.
4. Write a love poem. Nothing expresses your love more than a hand-written poem straight from the heart. If you’ve never written a poem and need some tips, check out this website: http://www.ehow.com/how_2108800_write-love-poem.html
5. Cozy up on the couch with your favorite blanket and read to them. There is something really sexy about hearing the voice of someone you love tantalize you with the words of Charlotte Brontë, Anais Nin, or John Fowles. It’ll knock more than just their sock off.
And…I decided to add a #6. The Striptease. Tog, tempt, taunt, tantalize, and torture–don’t hold anything back. At least that’s how this lady teaches it: http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-striptease-3